TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF MEMBERSHIP
Pimlico Racing is registered as a Racing Partnership with Weatherbys and is run by bloodstock agent Nathaniel Barnett. To find out more about Nathaniel, please click here.
We provide a number of benefits to members of the Pimlico Racing Partnerships. These are set out below:
- Stable visits and gallop mornings. These are organised regularly throughout the syndicate term and are free of charge to Members, their family and friends. Visits are hosted and the trainer or appointed representative will be present to update Members on the horses’ progress and answer questions. Please note that Members are also very welcome to visit the yard on an individual basis, though this will need to be arranged in advance.
- Racecourse badges. Owners’ badges provided by the racecourse when a Club horse is running will be distributed to Members involved in that horse free of charge.
- A complimentary badge is guaranteed for all syndicate members, with 2 badges for those with a 20% share.
- Extra badges will normally be available, at a discounted rate
- Regular updates. Emails will be sent out at least once a week, though normally these are sent 2-3 times a week. Furthermore, you are welcome to contact Nathaniel at any time on 07890 672435 for an update!
- Prize money. In the event that your horse receives win or place prize money (typically paid to horses finishing in the first four places in a given race), each Member involved in that horse will be entitled to receive a share of this amount, minus all Weatherbys deductions and raceday fees
- Colours. The Pimlico Racing horses will run in the our Partnership colours (BEIGE, PURPLE sleeves)
- Training Fees. The monthly training fee covers all training and keep costs, with the exception of any major vet bills, (in excess of £250) or foreign transport, costs for which will be deducted from prize-money won.
- Management has the right to cancel a members’ share if payment is missed or delayed by more than two months. No refund is available and the share, including the equity in the horse, will return to Pimlico Racing.
- If a member no longer wishes to be part of the Partnership and stops paying training fees, we will advertise their share on the Pimlico Racing website on their behalf for one month, but if unsold the share will return to Pimlico Racing.
Where relevant, changes to the terms and conditions herein, shall be submitted to the BHA (British Horseracing Authority) for Code of Best Practice compliance guidance.